Sunday, July 19, 2009

Haters suck

I'm highly annoyed this evening by annoying Cardinal fans. I'm not generalizing and saying ALL Cards fans (given that 99.9% of my family are Cards fans), but I'm talking about the Cards fans that continue to talk smack and just make general asses out of themselves and give the tolerable Cards fans a bad name. For instance, on my Facebook page, I like to update my status frequently, and, yes, sometimes it's about the Cubs. Why? Because it's MY page and thats how I want it. But now I feel like I can't do that anymore because every time I do, some obnoxious Cards fan posts their two cents about it and it takes all the fun out of it for me. General smack talk is fine-but do it on your own page not mine, got it? They totally take the fun out of any rivalry the Cubs/Cards may have.

Now, my friend Julie's hubby Jason is a die-hard Astros fan (born and bred in Houston-it's not his fault). When he talks smack on my page it's all in good fun. I've never once been offended by his comments. But those Cards fans can be viscious and just downright rude. From now on, I will no longer be posting anything about my Cubbies on my Facebook page. I'll stick with talking about them on here, where I know some of my Cubs faithful are....let the GOOD NATURED smack talk continue......

Thanks for letting me get this out of my system. I was getting really pissed off there for awhile....TOTALLY ruined my Cubs buzz off their four game sweep of the Nats....

7 comments:

Jen Estes said...

KD, as you know I too am burdened with knowing an abundance of Cards fans. Most are wonderful individuals by themselves but when they gang up, it's all I can do to stomach them - birds of a feather flock together...and make asses of themselves. I try to chalk it up to their feelings of inadequacy (I can only imagine how it must suck to have the second most WS wins and oodles of division titles to still be considered a shadow in the Cubs spotlight nationally) or maybe it's just plain ignorance from never having to face adversity as a fan (falling ass backward into luck almost every year with no-namers, winning World Series with a team barely over .500, having the best player in baseball who is also seemingly invincible to injuries play for chump change) - simply put, they can't understand our loyalty because they rarely have theirs challenged (and I think deep down they know they couldn't even try to match ours).

Plus, the color red brings out rage in people.

KD said...

Well said Jen, well said. :)

ern said...

that makes me so mad, kerri. i never had that problem on my FB page, but most of my friends on there were not in st. louis. it's your page and you should be able to post whatever you want without people being jackasses about it. you could always just delete the haters comments. maybe they'll get the picture if you ignore the comments and just delete em. i understand though just not wanting to deal with it. i think jen is right in stating that cards fans cannot understand our loyalty b/c theirs has never been challenged as well as the cubs having a larger spotlight nationally even without a WS win. i had a cards fan go off on me once b/c he just couldn't understand why i could love a team that hadn't won a WS in 100 yrs and why there are more cubs fans around the country that cards. he was really pissed and called me names etc. really not appropriate or necessary. feelings of inadequacy can result in that type of behavior. since i'm not on FB anymore, post all you want on here abt the cubbies. talk to you tomorrow.

Blue said...

Stand your ground KD, you my friend are true die hard Cubs fan.
Our Cubs will always have more loyal fans than the Cards ever will.

KD said...

I knew my fellow Cubs fans would be supportive!

Power to the People! ;)

it's just really sucky because I can take good natured ribbing, I mean afterall, I AM a Cubs fan, I'm used to it, but when people are constantly a-holes about it, it drives me crazy. Nothing would make me happier than for the Cubs, or hell, even the Astros or Brewers, to take first place from the Cardinals. Seriously.

J.J. said...

I get all kinds of grief for being a Cubs fan and a Packers fan. I can root for whoever I damn well please, thankyouverymuch! Keep up the good fight!

KD said...

Damn straight, JJ!!!

You guys ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!