Friday, July 10, 2009

GO CUBS! GO CUBS! GO CUBS GO!



The above title was said with WAY more enthusiasm than I actually feel for this weekend's series against the Cardinals. I find it completely unfair (and completely smart on their part) that the Cardinals switched their pitching lineup and Chris Carpenter will now be up against Rich Harden today instead of the craptastic Brad Thompson. I was really looking forward to the Epic Battle between Carpenter and Ted Lilly. But now my dream will not come true. Boo hiss. Now, if Harden brings his A game today (and that's a fairly big "if"), he can compete with the Chris Carpenter's of the world, and the fact that his last outing wasn't all that great (ok, it sucked) gives me hope that he will bring it today. I'll keep telling myself that anyway......




It's a four game series. The Cubs have their fates in their own hands. Down 3.5 games as of right this minute, they can either make this a race, or find themselves as much as 7.5 out (ouch). It's up to them. And if the effin offense doesn't show up this weekend, I'm driving to Chicago and someone is getting a beat down. I'm just sayin. I have my sack full o'nickels ready. You hear me boys in blue? Let's effin DO THIS already! I'm hoping for a series win, would settle for a split, anything less than a split will cause me to have some sort of breakdown and may require inpatient mental health hospitalization. Either that, or I'll be in jail because I beat someone with a sack full o'nickels (watch your back Kevin Gregg. You too Soriano-I got my eye on you. I'd threaten Milton Bradley too but I'm kinda scared of him.).

Mama, get my bail money ready.

No comments: