Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Demp the Pimp is BACK!


Yay! Ryan Dempster comes off the DL today and is starting for the first time in nearly a month. His quote on Cubs.com is beyond cute:

"It's like Christmas Eve, especially for a 32-year-old," Dempster said. "I don't really care much about Christmas morning, other than with the kids, so this is like my Christmas Eve. I get to go back out there and work and play with my teammates and have fun."

LOVE it! Let's just hope that after a month off he can still pitch with the big boys. Today's task is no small order-he's up against Roy Oswalt. Yowza.

Cubbies won in dramatic fashion last night, after going 0-5 all night, Alfonso Soriano knocked a game winning grand slam in the bottom of the 13th inning. Thank God because my Benadryl had kicked in and I could barely prop my eyes open any longer.....I'll ignore Fonzy's douchy behavior of waving to himself as he ran the bases. No need to admire it Fonzy, just get your ass around the bases, celebrate the win and call it a day, ok?

The Cubs have now been in first place for two whole days in a row. I'm gonna have to ask the Dodgers to get their heads out of their asses and frickin score some runs tonight. Act like you're the best team in baseball, dammit! I feel really dirty having to cheer for Manny "I Take Lady Hormones" Ramirez, but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. This is for first place baby!!!!!!

4 comments:

Blue said...

KD, I could drive down to LA for you and tell Manny that you are cheering for him, that may help him and the Dodgers beat the Dirty Birds.

KD said...

Seriously! Desperate times call for desperate measures, Blue!

Jen Estes said...

I'm a little nervous for Demp's return start. But usually when that happens, they kick ass. (Like Hart's last start.)

Fingers crossed! And legs. And eyes.

KD said...

I'm nervous too Jen. Let's just hope he can be as effective as our other Canuck, Smirky McCutiepants. :)