Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Yes, that's right, I did it


People, I said I was gonna do it, and I finally did. I got a tattoo. Don't have a heart attack mom, it's all good, and I promise I'll stop at one. It was an ongoing thing amongst me and my friends that I would get one for my 30th birthday. The original plan was to do this in Vegas. Well, Vegas fell through. The next best plan? Going with J to his "guy" (it pays to have connections people, got it at an awesome price). J got another one as well (actually two-they're pretty cool). Don't think I can keep up with him, but I am certainly not the tattoo virgin anymore (right girls? Sorry no Iron Age for me!).

So what did I decide to put on my body for the rest of my life, you may ask? Well, it's a shooting star. I let my tattoo guy have some artistic license in designing it and I must say, he did a great job. I love it. It's on my lower back. I've shown everyone at work-not sure how appropriate that is, but whatever. It is now in the midst of healing. Currently, the green part is peeling-it's really nice. Seriously.

You may ask: did it hurt? Well, let me tell you, it didn't feel good, but it certainly was not the worst pain I have ever felt, that's for sure. It was more like a burning sensation, and just when I thought I couldn't take it anymore, it was over. I definitely don't regret it.


P.S. if you see me driving by and notice I have a green frog lodged in the front grill of my car, do me an favor-DON'T ASK. Thanks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kerri post pics of the actual tat when you can! I am glad to hear it wasn't as bad as everyone says. I have been wanting one but, can decide exactly what I want. The most I have done is pierce my nose....and even then I took some numbing cream from work and used that. :) I am a chicken. I can't wait to see yours! Glad you love it! Robyn

Tiffany said...

People always say they will stop at one....but tattoos are addictive!! You'll have a second one in no time!

kristy said...

I think Aunt Paula has a point! Of course, lasers today can take that crap right off if you ever grow tired of it. It's fun for now though. :)
And by the way, Jesse, you just knocked our aunt. And she's seen plenty of tats that don't look pretty once you get old and saggy. My fiance has one and there will come a day when that mizzou tiger will not look so great.