Monday, February 20, 2006

Baseball fever


Yes, it's that time of year. All MLB players have reported for duty at their respective spring training camps. It's time for baseball y'all!!!! I get so excited this time of year. As a Cubs fan, each spring is filled with anticipation and hope that this year could be "the year". True, this is pretty much delusional thinking, but it gives a Cubs fan hope. My boys are working out and practicing in Mesa, AZ as we speak. I'm a bit sad that I will miss spring training this year. Last year, my friend Erin and I trekked our way to Arizona to see the boys in action. My plan was to do this yearly, however, SOMEONE (my sister) decided they needed to get married this spring instead (I'm just kidding Red-you know I can't wait for your wedding!). I'll not say that my Cubs are gonna win anything. I will, however, go out on a limb and say I think they will at least be competitive this year. I think the NL Central is gonna be one of the best divisions in baseball. I can't wait for the season to begin. And Tim, I promise I'll sign up for your fantasy baseball league-when is the draft? Stephen-what do you think the Windians chances are this year?

Make sure to check out the latest poll-it's baseball themed!

No comments: