Monday, February 27, 2006

Showers, showers everywhere!


Wow, it was a wedding shower weekend! Back to back showers on Saturday and Sunday. Red, was someone feeling a little hung over on Sunday morning??????

Saturday's couples shower was hosted by friends of Jon's parents. There was a rather large amount of alcohol consumed that night. I knew we were in trouble when approximately two sips in to their Cosmopolitans, my mom and my sister looked at each other with silly grins on their faces and said "these are really strong". Uh, yea.......in their defense, they were strong, I had one and nearly choked on it. Mom went on to have one more and declared to me that she was drunker than she had ever been (like the public embarrassment mom???) and my sister bragged all night that her glass was never empty. My girls were not the only intoxicated ones-not by a long shot. Everyone there was pretty much wasted. I noticed this as I remained sober-the volume of the conversations got louder and louder as the night went on.

Despite all the drunken craziness, the shower went well. My sister and Jon received lots of nice stuff and bravely fielded questions from the peanut gallery. Thank God the questions remained fairly PC-I saw the horrified look on my dad's face a few times-he was a good sport though. Sister dear-thanks for our sisterly chats in the bathroom! I love ya!

Sunday's shower was just us girls. My mom and all her sisters hosted a shower for Red and Jessica, my cousin's fiance. Aunt Cheryl played hostess and had the mimosa's rollin'by 11am. Brunch was fantastic, and as Maid of Honor I got to sit at the head of the table (I figure as the 11th or 12th most important person at this wedding that I deserved this honor). Red and Jessica both ooh'ed and ahh'ed over their various kitchen gadget-thingy's (Pyrex for everyone!). I wrote down several of my sister's statements that will be used against her on Saturday at her bachelorette party (Aunt Paula and I laughed hysterically every time she said something that we twisted into a dirty/perverted statement-we're not right!!!!).

We're down to crunch time people! The wedding is a month from Wednesday. This Maid of Honor needs to go get her dress altered. Now.

PS-pics from the shower are located on the Family Blog (Sibs and More). Follow the link. It's very exciting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow what a bunch of bs but hey its all out of ker mouth,never seen her pass up any drink in 3 months i knew her.o wasnt miller lite.

KD said...

Dude, if the Miller Lite had been flowin, it would have been an entirely different story! :)

kristy said...

Ewww, don't you people live in St. Louis?? This is AB country! :)