Monday, February 13, 2006

birthday good times

What a great 30th birthday weekend! Thank you to everyone who helped me celebrate the very last birthday I am celebrating! It was so awesome to have so many of my friends and family around me. Made me truly feel loved and blessed to have all of you in my life.

My actual birthday was a great day. Got to spend it with J which was perfect. He gave me the greatest birthday gift ever-30 roses for 30 years. I loved them and have them proudly displayed in my apartment right now. I love you J! You are too good to me! Had a great dinner at Joe's Crab Shack-dude, I love that place! And listening to the conversations of the people in the booth behind us was good times! After dinner, we ended up having an unplanned drinking binge at the bar. Whew! Don't know what I was drinking, or exactly how much I had, but suffice to say, I felt every bit my 30 years the next morning! That was harsh!!!!

I got so many wonderful phone calls on Thursday. Got to hear from Canada who is in, well, Canada (aka Mr. Canada 2006-congratulate him next time you talk to him); my uncle Rich in Texas, my cousin Mike in S. Carolina. Also heard from Anita (Arkansas) and Eric (Chicago) as well as blast from the past Cortland. Thanks for calling guys-I love you all!

Saturday was a great day as well. My parents and Tim arrived at my apartment around noon. We had a great time shopping for parts for my dryer (thanks for the tool kit daddy! and thanks for working on my piece of crap computer Tim!) and having some lunch at Chili's (they have really good food! Had no idea!). In not so fun news-I'm pretty sure I gave myself a concussion getting into my parents van. It's two days later and I still feel light headed and dizzy. Not to mention the big knot on the top of my head.....

My party was great. I hit the Captain and Diet Coke early and often (not to mention those chocolate martinis-LOVE it!). My mother was drinking Captain which was scaring me a bit as mom doesn't drink often. Dad was cracking me up (did he really have to throw the stuffed mushroom?). Tim got a little drunk, I think, as did Red, or at least pleasantly buzzed. Everyone got to meet J. Seems it went ok. Denise was the Karaoke Queen-thanks for alerting the entire bar to the fact that it was my birthday! I got to be the center of attention after all! I can't wait to get my film developed. I have no idea what is on most of the rolls-can't wait to see what kind of craziness was recorded! I was just so happy to have everyone there! Sorry to those of you that I may not have been able to spend much time with. It is just so hard being the social butterfly that I am! :) Just know that I appreciate and love each and every one of you. Thank you sooo much everyone! Who turns 30 next?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yw for the roses it was well worth is babe,nice to meet your people should of stayed would of had a better night,o ill be 30 in 9 yrs so it works.

Anonymous said...

the drink i forgot thursday was pineapple bombers

KD said...

30 in nine years my ass.....