Friday, June 04, 2010

Relay for Life 5K

Tomorrow morning, bright and early! It's the Relay for Life 5K in beautiful Salem, Missouri (ok,maybe "beautiful" is a strong word....). Who's in?

I'll be heading to Salem tonight after work, as will my sister, brother-in-law and beautiful baby niece....can't wait! It's a great cause....I mean, every single one of us knows someone who has been affected by cancer.

I've also apparently been talked into doing a 10K Mud Run at the end of the month. How did that happen? My co-worker Sarah talked me into it, she's a former Marine so I'm kinda scared of her. I tried to weasel my way out of it by letting her know that I would be our team's weak link, but she was hearing none of it. So, I suppose yours truly will be doing a 10K obstacle course covered in mud on June 26. Yay.

Anyone else's allergies kicking their ass???? UGH. For the last week, I've had swollen glands, sinus headaches, stuffy nose and have been riding a Claritin buzz daily. Non-drowsy my ass. I'm sitting here drooling on myself. For reals. I'm guessing the allergens are hardcore out and about because I don't typically have these symptoms in the summer. So, I'd like to thank the mold, pollen, trees, dust, grass and, well, air, for making me feel like crap. Awesome.

4 comments:

Blue said...

Hey KD, I'm want to thank you for for doing the Relay for Life 5K, you know how special that is to me now.
I am so very exciteed that you are doing a Mud Run, it is so very much fun, I did one back in 2000, though mine ended with a fractured finger, surgery and pins put in my left hand thanks to the rope swing. One piece of advice, do NOT try to walk thru any long mud pits, if you can crawl, do it, it will save your legs from feeling weak, like a newborn baby deer. Also, wrap tape around your shoes, cover you laces, it will keep them from untying while your sloshing around. Check out my FB photos, I have mud run pics in there.
My allergies have been crazy as well, lots of Sudafed, sneezing runny nose. I usually just put tissue "plugs" in my nose....lol, hey it helps, I call it the walrus look....lol.

KD said...

I'm doing the 5k tomorrow for you Blue! :)
Ok, now I'm even more scared of this Mud Run. I'm a wuss! Can I do it??? We are doing the easy course because I really don't think I can do the competitive one.
I'm intimidated by this thing!

Blue said...

You can do it, it's all about team work. Don't be intimated, go out there, grab it by the throat and make it yours.

KD said...

Ok Blue!
But I'm still scared. I'm such a wuss!!! My friend Murisa from Bosnia is doing it too...I don't think she's athletic, so maybe she and I can bring the team down together. :)