Tuesday, June 01, 2010

The Great Depression

I am sliding down a spiral of Cubs depression. Sure, you'd think after being a Cubs fan for 20+ years that I would have had my share of ups and downs (mostly downs) and you'd be right. But this season feels different. Am I right, fellow Cubs fans? THIS team should be doing more. THIS team should be beating the mother f**kin Pirates. THIS team's "slugger" should be batting more than .160. THIS team should bench the ones that suck, and play the ones that don't. THIS team is 7 games back on June 1 and has two teams including the frickin REDS to beat. THIS team doesn't even deserve to be in 3rd place at this point. THIS team sucks.

I'm going on a Cubs sabbatical. I don't know when I'll be back.

3 comments:

Blue said...

Do you think that they have given up already? Looking ahead to 2011? I think if they aren't the fans are, sad but more than likely true.

KD said...

I hate to admit I've given up on this season. I hope the Cubs can prove me wrong.....but it's not looking likely. :(

Blue said...

I hope they prove us all wrong. I'm already looking ahead to college football.