Monday, June 28, 2010

My take on Carlos Zambrano-gate 2010

I've said it for years, Cubs pitcher Carlos Zambrano is bat shit crazy. Everyone knows this. Yet he continues to have a job (leave it to the Cubs.....). Yet there are Cubs fans that actually still believe he is the team's ace (um.....no). Yet he is always forgiven for his antics (who remembers when he beat the shit out of Michael Barrett-his own catcher???). This time, in my opinion, he's crossed the line for good.

Tirades are nothing new for Carlos (and if you see the footage from Friday's rant, you'll see that most of his teammates ignored it), but directing it at the man who is quite possibly one of the nicest and most respected in baseball is over the line. Who gets pissed at Derek Lee? I mean, seriously? Sure, maybe the rumor that DLee told him to "shut the f**k up" is true, but who would blame him? Big Z has got to go. He's as much of a cancer to the team as Milton Bradley was. Now, I'm not saying it's his fault the Cubs suck so bad, all I'm saying is that his behavior shouldn't be tolerated. If I pulled that shit at my job, I'd be fired on the spot. I'm sure that's true of most places of employment.

Carlos is currently suspended indefinitely from the team. I'm not exactly sure what that means, but I did hear that when (if?) he comes back, he'll be in the bullpen. Awesome, so he can suck it up on the back end.....Bob Howry never looked so good. Carlos needs to be traded....now. I realize he has a no-trade clause, however, given the current circumstances, I find it hard to believe he wouldn't wave it at this point.

So, if someone is looking for a piece of shit pitcher with a chemical imbalance, give the Cubbies a call.

9 comments:

J.J. said...

He'll probably end up with his buddy Ozzie down on the south side. They can have him. He fits right in with that team.

KD said...

agreed, he and the Dirty Sox would be a match made in heaven.

Jen Estes said...

The fact that he was all wine & giggles with the rival manager a few hours later really gets me. UGH.

KD said...

Um, seriously Jen.

And did you read Ozzie's quote in the Trib? He said Z's pitching "sucks". Nice BFF.

Jen Estes said...

Ouch, for real. Mean Girls 2, anyone?

Blue said...

I wonder if the Mariners will take him off our hands.

KD said...

LOL...they've done it before, is it too much to ask that they do it again?

Z would probably refuse a trade to an AL team since he likes batting so much. No, he's gonna have to go to one of our NL foes...Hmmmmmm

Blue said...

Milwaukee maybe? He and Prince can fight over the clubhouse snacks.

KD said...

LMAO Blue! Maybe he can become a "vegetarian" like the Prince as well... :)