Thursday, June 11, 2009

Dear Cubs

Dear 2009 Chicago Cubs,

I have been a fan of your team for 20+ years. Through good times and bad (mostly bad), I have been there for you, cheering away, facing harassment from friends and family down here in Cardinals country, essentially risking my life in order to cheer you on. It's a brave, and possibly stupid, task I've taken on.

I only have one thing to say to you: GFY Cubs. GFY for your inability to score runs, for your inability to get extra-base hits, for your inability to get poor Randy Wells an effin win already! GFY Alfonso Soriano for completely sucking ass. GFY Jim Hendry for trading the only man us Cubs fans have ever truly loved (we miss you Mark DeRosa!). The starting pitching is damn near the best in the Majors and they have NOTHING to show for it. Quite honestly, it's a damned miracle that this team is only 2.5 back in the NL Central. Mind boggling, actually. I mean,you just lost 2 of 3 to the Ass-tros. The Astros? Dude, they are so terrible I could beat them playing left-handed. I'm just sayin.

There are a few bright spots: the aforementioned starting pitching (I heart you Ted Lilly!), the bullpen has been less frightening as of late, D Lee is actually starting to hit and Micah Hoffpauir is a sexy beast. That's about it.

So, to sum it up, 2009 Cubs, I'm gonna need you to start getting it together. We're mid-way through June now. No more of this "it's early" crap. It's time to get your heads out of your collective asses and do this already. I say this with love.

Sincerely,

Cubs Fan In Missouri Who Desperately Wants You To Win And Who Has A Completely Inappropriate Crush on Micah Hoffpauir (sorry to Micah's wife, who I'm sure is a lovely woman).

7 comments:

Jen Estes said...

I love your letter. And I'll give you a dollar if you mail it out.

KD, if they don't get Randy Wells a win tomorrow I AM GOING TO FREAK OUT.

P.S. Is Hoff really married? 'Cause if so, I'm irrationally crushed.

KD said...

Jen, yes, Hoff really is married (because you know I've been stalking him via the internet...a girl learns a thing or two when that happens)-she's a school teacher and I'm sure adorable as hell (because, Hoff deserves nothing but the best!) :)

I swear to God, if the Cubs don't get Randy Wells a win today, I am gonna punch someone in the nose. I think I'll start with Fonzie. Just because.

Word verif is "extomen". The Cubs need some extomen to play some REAL baseball.

Jen Estes said...

Awwwww, jeez. (See, crushed!) If I have to pick a favorite Cubs Mrs. (and I really don't want to) I'm gonna go with Mrs. Ted - I believe she's a vet. Which is adorable too. (I just want to say - ladies, I love my job too, but you're married to a BALLPLAYERS. That's like 20 doctors. Your days should be spent doing charity work and kegels.)

OMG...word verif "hexed". No explanation needed.

KD said...

Mrs Ted is a vet? How cute.
Let's not even discuss whether or not there's a Mrs Gloggles.....

Jen Estes said...

There is! And two little gloggled girls! (See, you're not the only internet stalker.)

KD said...

I judge not, Jen. :)

ern said...

Ditto on your letter. I'm with Jen. Mail it out. I am crushed Randy Wells is married and that he pitched like crap today. It was ugly to watch.