Thursday, June 25, 2009

Death sucks

Say what you want about Michael Jackson, but he is still an icon. No one will ever mean more to music than him. His strange personal life aside, he was a very talented man that will be missed. Just about everyone in my generation grew up listening to Michael Jackson. Thriller was one of the first albums I remember as a kid. My sister and I had a GIANT Michael Jackson poster hanging on the wall of our bedroom when we were kids (somewhere, there is actual photographic evidence of this....). She and I used to turn our bedroom light off and listen to the song "Thriller" in the dark and scare ourselves silly (come on, you know Vincent Price is crazy scary in that song-especially to a couple little kids!). I loved his music as a kid and didn't even understand WHY. I love the Jackson 5 stuff from when he was a kid, love BAD, love his Greatest Hits CD. Great musician, that's all I can say.

And Farrah Fawcett. Yes, she'd been struggling with cancer for quite some time and you knew her death was imminent. Still, hearing of her passing saddens me. Not that I was a huge fan or anything, but I watched her documentary a couple of weeks ago and cried like a freakin baby, not gonna lie. It was so moving. I think the part that got me the most was that Ryan O'Neill may be a big giant a-hole most of the time, but it was SO obvious in that documentary how much he loved her. I'd give my right arm to have someone love me even half that much. Seriously.

Sad day for Hollywood. Also with the passing of Ed McMahon, it's been a rough week.

That's about all I have to say. That and this, take care of each other, k?

No comments: