Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Oh Ted Lilly, how I love thee....

Cute isn't he? Even my Cardinal loving supervisor says "That Ted Lilly sure is handsome". Yes indeedy.


It's no secret that I love Cubs pitcher Ted Lilly (my co-worker Ruben, also a Cubs fan, walks by my cubicle daily and tells me to "get off those Ted Lilly blogs"....I can't, it's a sickness, and it's called Theodore Roosevelt Lilly Fever). Last night he proved, yet again, why HE and not El Toro Loco, Big Z, should be the Cubs ace. Ted is a BAMF, as previously established. He is now tied for 2nd in the NL in wins with 7 (that d-bag Bronson Arroyo better watch out) AND, just to prove he could, he hit a freakin TRIPLE last night. A triple? Ted Lilly? LOVE it. Sorry it had to happen at the expense of the lowly Astros (wait, no I'm not). The Cubs now find themselves in a 3-way tie for 2nd in the NL Central. The Cardinals are in the midst of a downhill spiral, the Reds are managed by Dusty Baker (and thus, will fold eventually)-the only thing standing in the Cubs way is the fat ass Brewers....watch out Mi-li-wau-kee. Yea, I'm talking to you King of Tools, Ryan Braun.

I realize my Cubs obsession may seem a bit sad....pathetic if you will. But it's all I've got. The Cubs and my baby niece are the only things that make me happy right now, so by God, let me have it.

A WGN game tonight (YAY!) and a rare evening at home for good ol' KD. No saving lives at the crisis line tonight, no sir, I'll be home, ogling my boys from a safe distance. No need to file the restraining orders yet.........

2 comments:

ern said...

King of Tools...perfect way to describe Ryan Braun.

KD said...

if you didn't think he was before, the clothing line would surely convince you......