Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Light at the end of the long, long tunnel?

Well, my world doesn't look totally black today, more of a dark gray color, which, given recent events in my life, is a vast improvement and one I will take with open arms. I'm still not happy, but am now able to crack the periodic smile. We'll take progress, even if it is in small doses.

The good news is, I've been working out like a maniac. I mean, when everything else in your life sucks, being a fat ass on top of it is not an option. On Sunday, I managed to jog/walk 4.14 miles without even realizing I'd gone that far (perhaps pent up aggression is good?). Today, I burned as many calories on the treadmill as my friend Amy who typically burns way more than I do because she is a machine with the incline (apparently now so am I). I suppose I gotta get myself together and try to look as hot as humanly possible because, yet again, I have to get myself "out there" and back into the dating scene. Ugh, how depressing. Dating is secondary to jammies and a good book, if you ask me. But, unless I want to totally be an old maid (which, at 33 years old, I am WELL on my way to), I gotta get out there. Dammit. Life sucks. But it could always be worse....I guess.

Special love to my friend Mikey, his dad is in the hospital and facing surgery. In my own self-centered depression, I have not been a good friend....but I love you Mikey and I hope your dad is ok soon.

In other good news, it's Ted Lilly Day in Cubs Fandom (at this point, my Cubs love is about all I've got in the world, so let me have it, ok?). I always love Ted Lilly Day, probably because I love Ted Lilly. GO CUBS.

4 comments:

Jen Estes said...

*Hugs* KD, sorry things suck right now but bright side is there's no day that Ted can't make better.

And if the "dating scene" includes staking out the Hyatt Regency lobby for Ted, Rami, Hoffy, Gloggles, Reed, Rich, D-Lee, Geo, Lou, et al, next time the Cubs are in STL, I'll totally be your wing man!

KD said...

Aw...thanks Jen!
Um the "dating scene" could very easily include that....I take it that's where they stay when they're in STL? You're on!

Ted Day is ALWAYS a good day. ;)

Jen Estes said...

If you didn't think I was a stalker before, that had to do it, huh?

Up until last year, in the Cubs media guide they used to always publish their road hotels. So that's what was last listed in STL, I doubt they've changed. I'm guessing they stopped releasing the info because of crazy stalkers that staked out the lobbies...but I digress.

KD said...

I am not above being a crazy stalker with you...... ;)