Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Movie reviews, bad dreams and other random stuff

Admittedly, I'm not one to do a movie review because it's a rare occurrence that I actually stay awake for the entire thing, but I DID manage to stay awake for the entire THREE HOURS of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and I'd like to give you my take on it. What I have to say is this-WTF? I had to wait a solid TWO hours before I got to see the hot Brad Pitt, the first two hours were him as a creepy, wrinkly old man/baby/child/person. And then the hot Brad Pitt turned into an adolescent and eventually a baby (which I believe was played by real-life daughter Shiloh). I don't get it. I watched it because I was trying to get it, but....I still don't get it. And I'm disappointed with the amount of screen time hot Brad Pitt got. Moving on.....

Ok, so last night I had a dream that this tiger was in the woods by my parents house (because tigers TOTALLY hang out in Southern Missouri, right?) and all the "neighborhood" dogs gathered about to take a look (and by "neighborhood" I mean the dogs from the like 5 houses located on the county gravel road my parents live on). Well, suddenly, the tiger started attacking the dogs (like tigers often do), and there was bloodshed, not gonna lie (I'd like to note that in my dream, my precious pups, Stubby and Hank were safe, the casualties appeared to have been some made up in my mind neighbor dogs. Yes, mom, Jim Bob was ok.). I was willing myself to wake up because it was one of those dreams that felt real. My point in telling you this story is this-the Cubs are playing the Detroit TIGERS today. Coincidence? I think not. Although, I sure hope the Detroit Tigers do NOT maul my precious little Cubbies, not when they're actually starting to play right (last night's game excluded). Perhaps I should stop smoking crack before bed, huh?

T-minus 10 days until I get to see my precious baby niece! I can't wait. The pictures my brother-in-law sent this past weekend are tiding me over (especially the video of baby girl "talking"...SO precious!), but I can't wait to see the real deal. Auntie Kerri misses her SO much! The road trip to Dallas (that's 9 hours from Salem in case you were wondering) should be, um, fun. Me, Timbo, and the 'rents in a car....for 9 hours. The last road trip to Dallas was entertaining to say the least (dad, hopped up on caffeine and sugar, began accusing all over the road truck drivers of doing cocaine in order to stay awake.....), and I expect no less from next week's trip.

More on my precious Cubbies, Jen from CUBblogging informs us that the countdown to Aramis Ramirez returning is ON! WOO HOO! I have been having severe Rami withdrawals and can't wait for his return!!!!! :)

2 comments:

Jen Estes said...

Oh KD, I love this post. I came for the Tiger dream and I stayed for the dad road rage (akin to my hubby's accusations of "trucker meth" - how this differs from regular meth, I don't know).

Your Tiger dream is ominous and leaves me with a pit in my stomach. Then again, how tough can this team be? Yeah, yeah, first place but half of their division is Royals & Indians.

I haven't seen the Creepy Case of BB but your review confirmed it for me - the previews of Old Man Pitt just gave me the heebie jeebies. I'm sorry, I guess I'm just not deep enough to appreciate it.

KD said...

Don't worry, Jen, I'm not all that deep either....clearly. I watched that movie solely for the hot Brad Pitt shots and I was sadly disappointed... :(

As for the dream, while ominous, let us not forget, it was from the depths of my subconscious (which is probably a really scary place) and should not all all make us scared for this series. And you're right, how hard is it to be in first place when you have the Royals and the Indians in your division? I mean, seriously?

Can you please ask Mr. Jen what the difference is between trucker meth and regular meth? Inquiring minds want to know.....