Thursday, June 25, 2009

Acceptance

Damn. The Cubs really suck. Now I know, I know, everyone likes to tell me they suck because it's apparently cool to hate the Cubs, but I mean....they REALLY suck. It pains me to have to say it, but it's true. I mean, let's look at the facts:

-the closer wouldn't know what a save was if it hit him in his goggles (yea, I'm talkin to YOU, Kevin Gregg).
-the best hitter is some poor kid called up from AAA Iowa (much love, Jake Fox, much love).
-their best starting pitcher is apparently human and not immortal after all (Ted Lilly, my heart breaks....)
-and their starting catcher is apparently a giant pot head (suuuuuuuure, it was an isolated incident, Mr. Soto. And how then do you explain your expanding waistline and total slackerness this season? I know....the MARY JANE, that's how).

I'm contemplating finding other ways to spend my time. Because apparently following the Chicago Cubs this season is a HUGE waste of it. Perhaps I could take up skydiving? farming? underwater basketweaving? pot smoking like Geovany Soto? The options are endless.....

5 comments:

Jen Estes said...

Basketweaving, yes!

The Cubs do suck...but so does the rest of the NL Central. The way things are going, this division could still go to the Pirates.

KD said...

true dat. I mean, it appears NO ONE wants to win the NL Central. Pirates, you listening? It could be all you baby, all you! That, surely would be a sign of the end times.

If it is, then I'm gonna go ahead and smoke a big fat doobie with Geo....

Blue said...

Hang in there KD, don't abandon ship as of yet.
There is still hope as long as we keep our heads above water.
I think that our best is still to come, we shall prevail.......remember, puff puff give.....lmao

KD said...

LOL, Blue! You crack me up! I do love your optimism, and I hope you're right.........

ern said...

hey, at least they didn't lose 0-11 last night like another team from the NL Central. remember...there is always a bright side...