Monday, August 07, 2006

I swear I got attacked by a crab....no really.

I'm back! Did ya miss me? I had a good time in Hilton Head, but sure am glad to be back home. I missed my boy and, more importantly, my bed (no offense baby-but I slept in the floor for seven nights...it takes it's toll). Anyway, I'll try to keep the Saga of the Family Trip fairly short (yea right). Here goes.......

So, the trip down there was fairly entertaining. From dad informing us every 100 miles how far he had driven that day to Tim spilling an entire box of Skittles in the seat (with me laughing so hard I truly thought I was going to wet my pants), good times were had by all. Tim and I picked up a job application from Wendy's fully intending to fill it out (Tim wanted his name to be "Turd Ferguson"). Mom informed us all that "country music is queer" (thanks mom!). Dad was upset that we were going through the Smoky Mountains in the dark because he couldn't see anything (hey, I wanted to see some toothless hillbillies too!). I again almost wet my pants laughing when mom agreed to play my iPod and my 55 year old father started dancing to Tupac's "California Love". My family is insane.....We had a stimulating discussion about Lance Bass telling the world that he's gay (like we were surprised by that one). I brought up the fact that Lance Bass once wanted to be an astronaut, to which my brother said, and I quote "only gay people are astronauts, just look at Neil Armstrong". What? We stopped in Atlanta that first night (the "ATL"), then proceeded on to Hilton Head the next day.

As you can imagine, the majority of the time, we just sat on the beach. A family full of fair skinned people, mind you. It was pretty cool to get to hang with all of my family (and by all, I mean aunts, uncles, cousins, second cousins and, of course, grandpa). We were together a lot but did our own thing too. There was whiffle ball and football on the beach and Tim and Ben's new sport-"wave shredding". Yes, those two are awaiting their endorsement deals and plan to be the first ever wave shredders at the X-Games. Uh.....yea. The nights entailed all of us meeting out by the pool where Uncle Jimmy and Uncle Jay entertained us by playing the guitar (with a rousing family rendition of "Wanted Dead or Alive", complete with the whole fam getting to sing the Richie part).

We thought Uncle Ron broke his leg in a freak wave runner incident. Turns out it was just severely bruised. At least he still scored some Vicodin! I was surprised I made it the whole week injury free, after all, I'm the girl that runs into my cubicle wall at least 3x a week and hits myself with the car door pretty much daily...well, I was injury free until Friday. That was the day all hell broke loose (ok, not really, but the melodrama makes for a better story). There I was, out in the ocean with my family, having a good time, laughing at the wave shredders when all of a sudden I felt this piercing pain on my right foot (kinda felt like being sliced by a knife, which I know about since I tend to accidentally cut myself with the kitchen knives when chopping things). Anyway, I lifted my foot and noticed blood pouring from my foot. Not a good thing when you are in the middle of the ocean and there have been recent documented shark attacks....luckily, my family is full of medical people and there was a nurse and a doctor right there. Not to worry folks, I'm gonna make it. I don't know if it was really a crab that attacked me, I guess I could have stepped on a shell or something, but the crab thing sounds a whole lot more dramatic, don't you think?

So, overall, it was a good week. I missed J tons (he should already know this) and was getting quite homesick for him. I'm back in the swing of things now. Today went back to work where I now have only 9 more working days. It is sad for sure, but I am ready to move on to my next job adventure. Well, I'm sure I'm forgetting some funny shit that happened, but I can't remember it all right now. Peace out party people.

No comments: