Friday, August 18, 2006

lunch with Grandpa

I got to have lunch with Grandpa today-always a treat. I drove up to God's Country (aka Florissant). I let Grandpa pick where he wanted to go-I knew it would be one of three choices: IHOP, Jack-in-the-Box and/or the deli over by the Myer House in Florissant. Well, the deli place won out, so off we went. Lunch was good (tuna sandwich for me, BLT and coffee for Grandpa). The company was the best part. You realize how precious time is spending it with your only grandparent. We talked about a variety of topics-the American Legion, bowling, woodwork, Jefferson Barracks, and Cardinals/Cubs baseball, to name a few. I love my Grandpa very much and promised him we would do lunch more often. He also wants me to go bowling with him sometime. Now, this is a man who used to be on a bowling league. He tells he he did pretty crappy this week-only bowling like a 160. I informed him that usually I barely break 100, so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get the crap kicked out of me by a 78 year old man!

No comments: