Thursday, August 04, 2011

Tyler Colvin-badass?

For further proof that the world is about to end, the Cubs have now won four games in a row. That's right, FOUR. Not that it matters much since they're still 19 games under .500, but it sure is fun! And last night, little TyCo earned his big boy pants and got himself ejected from the game. Not that he actually did much of anything, mind you, Bob Davidson is just an ass, but still, he got tossed. For good measure, their fearless leader, the Hairless Cat himself-Mike Quade, also got tossed. Quade is making that a regular habit. Guess you don't want to piss off the guy with no body hair. Just sayin.

Last night's game was scoreless until the 8th....when little Starlin Castro hit his 4th homer of the year. Crazy enough, that 1-0 score held up. Marmol, despite hitting D Lee, managed to get another save and our heroes in blue lived to see another day. The Pirates are now under .500 where they belong, so all is right with the world.

Carlos Pena hasn't hit a homerun in, like, a month BUT.....dude is still getting on base. Never underestimate the power of taking a walk. Carlos can work a count, I'm just sayin (I'm sure he can work other things too.....but I digress). It's feeling more and more like he will be our 1st baseman again next season...not that I'm opposed to another summer of eye candy, but that would also mean that the Cubbies won't be in the hunt for Fielder or Pujols. I guess I'm kinda ok w/them not risking the entire franchise to pay for one guy. But it sure would be nice to have one of those guys, wouldn't it?

2 comments:

Blue said...

Note to self, "never eat while reading KD's blog". I almost spit my sandwich out when I read your Carlos Pena "I digress"....lol

KD said...

I'm in rare form today, Blue! ;)