Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Baseball players are even hotter from nine rows behind home plate

I'm just sayin.

So, my girl Robin and I went to the Sunday night Cubs-Cards game. We decided to go have some beverages beforehand at a delightful place that provides trolley rides to Busch Stadium so you don't have to drive. Genius. Our friend Michele decided to meet us there along with her trainer (don't ask). Now, Michele and Trainer boy had sweet seats-nine rows behind home plate, whereas Robin and I were about nine rows....from the top of the stadium. However,  a couple of innings in, Michele texted me to let us know that the seats next to them were empty. So,using an elaborate plan of them meeting us one at a time to give us their ticket, Robin and I snuck in to the cool people section. Those seats were KICK ASS. I mean for reals, if I'd have yelled "Carlos Pena, I love you!", he would have heard me....and probably activated that restraining order. With my zoom on my camera, I was able to get some pretty sweet pics (located on my FB page, perhaps I'll post some on here if I can remember to do so).

Here is what I find funny. Ok, so during that game, some drunk people escaped the stands and ran out onto the field. It was hilarious for realsies. But why is it that I received like TEN messages on Facebook asking if it was me. First of all, Carlos Pena was in the dugout at the time-don't you think if it was me I would have done it when he was on the field? I mean....DUH.

So, ever the pessimist (or realist, however you'd like to see it), I kept telling everyone around me that the Cards would win it with a walk off in the 9th. I mean, hello, I know my team. So, imagine my surprise when not only did that not happen, but Marmol pitched an effective 9th and the Cubs won 6-3. I won't lie, I couldn't watch Marm-he scares the bejebus out of me. But, for that one night, the Cubs were champs. A good night fo' sho.

5 comments:

Jen Estes said...

LMAO! That sounds like so much fun. We wondered what was going on with the delay, but we thought it was a streaker. (I didn't assume it was you but in all fairness, I didn't know you were at the game until afterwards.)

Blue said...

KD, I was thinking of you when that "delay" happened. I had my bail money ready for you....lol.
Glad to see the Cubbies won one for you.

KD said...

My friend Robin's hubby is an attorney, so don't think I didn't think about running onto the field..... ;)

Even as the game ended, I was still in denial that the Cubs actually won. In fact, some Cards fans behind us were being all mouthy and I said "Hey, we only win like once a week, give us this one". Luckily, they thought that was funny and they laughed and now we're BFFs.

r-diddy said...

I thought that other dude with his fancy score keeping sheet was going to lose his mind. It was so very very funny. I think he started to cry, actually.

KD said...

you mean the guy that kept yelling such gems as "Hey Byrd, you suck" and "Hey Soriano, you suck"? That guy?

Get back to your scorecard dude. I wonder if he's ever had a girlfriend. I'm gonna go w/a no. And his mom probably still makes his bed for him. For reals.