Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Rylan is one week old today!

No, I'm not gonna bore you with weekly updates about how old my nephew is, just wanted to comment this one time. I can't believe he's already been with us for a week, yet at the same time, it feels like he's always been here. I remember this time last week I was anxiously awaiting a phone call telling me that he was here and healthy. He is 100% healthy and such a handsome little guy (of course). I remember going to the hospital after work to see him and instantly falling in love.

I was looking at Kendall's newborn pics last night and I see a lot of similarities with Rylan. They don't look exactly alike-but pretty close. I've now gone two whole days without seeing him and I'm having baby boy withdrawals! I'm lucky that I got to see him daily for the first five days of his life. I think I'm gonna get to see him tomorrow night, so I'll get my fix.

Kendall has been really good about the new addition so far. There's been some acting out-like her deciding to eat dog food-but overall, she's been handling it really well. She calls him "my Rylan" and doesn't understand why he can't yet play with her. She may change her mind when he's mobile and grabbing her toys. :) When mommy takes Rylan for walks in his stroller, Kendall takes her baby doll she named Dora for a walk in her stroller too-it's too cute. She tries to entertain Rylan but doesn't quite get that all he's into right now is eating, sleeping and peeing/pooping. And figuring out who all these crazy people are that like to hold him all the time.

These are two very loved children. God has blessed us twofold now. They are amazing and I'm so honored I get to call them my niece and nephew.

2 comments:

Blue said...

Dang, it's been a week? It thought it was just a couple of days since he was born. We need to slow down the clock around here.

KD said...

Seriously! And Kendall is almost two and a half! How is that possible?