Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I'm in love with my baby nephew!

Oh my goodness, I am in love with a certain newborn little boy.

My nephew is absolutely beautiful. Perfect round head and dark, dark hair. None of us can really tell who he looks like yet-with Kendall most everyone saw her daddy in her, but with Rylan, it's hard to say. He just looks like Rylan. He's got chubby little cheeks.....and a double chin. Boy's got some big feet, long legs. Maybe he'll be tall like his daddy? He is absolutely perfect. His doctor pronounced him 100% healthy, I am thankful to God for that. My sister looks great, even though she didn't think so.

Seeing my niece with her "brudder" was about the cutest thing I've ever experienced. She told him all about his "blue room" at home and all the toys he has in it. She wanted him to come home with her last night. On our way out she did keep saying "where's mommy?", which broke my heart a bit, but we just kept explaining to her that mommy had to sleep in the hospital and that is why Pawpaw and Bal (what she calls my mom!) would be watching her. Once we reminded her that they were taking her to the zoo, she was cool. :)

I'll try to get a pic of Mr. Handsome up soon. I'm having technical difficulties at home currently. Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Jen Estes said...

Awwww, Kendall sounds like a great big sis!

KD said...

so far so good! What I failed to mention is the video they took of Kendall singing to baby boy. She got a Dora microphone and stand from her brother as a big sister present....and she was serenading him. I heard the ABC's and I think Rock a Bye Baby. It was beyond cute. :)

Blue said...

KD, Congratulations on the birth of your nephew Rylan. I know that you will have a blast with he and Kendall.

KD said...

Thanks Blue! I can't wait to see the little guy again-leaving work in about 45 minutes to go back to the hospital! I need some chunky baby time! :)