Friday, August 19, 2011

Coma

So, apparently we had a mega storm last night and early this morning. As I drove down my street this morning, I saw trees and branches down, the streets had standing water...mega storm. Yours truly had no idea. Slept through it all. Huh. Musta been sleepy, huh?

I have been quite sleepy this week-not sure why, I mean, I wasn't the one that had a c-section and now has a newborn-that would be my sister. And I haven't been caring for a 2 year old all week-that would be my parents. Yes, I've been at the hospital every night, but I don't think holding my handsome nephew for a couple of hours would constitute exhaustion. Yet, I've been fast asleep by 10pm every night this week. Dude.

So, now the weekend is upon us. My sister and baby Rylan are coming home today! YAY! We are going to have a nice little family dinner at their house tonight. Rylan clearly does not like people messing with him-I hear he was quite angry yesterday when my sister tried to dress him in a cute little outfit for his hospital photo. He apparently screamed the entire time and refused to take a nice picture. That's my boy-already stubborn. :)
He was much sweeter while I was there. He was a hungry boy, that's for sure. And he is so strong! Already holding his head up. He was so cute, holding his head up and looking for his mama. My brother-in-law said he's already a mama's boy. HA!  Kendall is still good with him, she put stickers on him last night (she LOVES to put stickers on people and things). We will see how the transition home goes.

Tomorrow we have our monthly Girl's Lunch and then tomorrow night, my brother and I are going to the Rams game! Yes, it's pre-season, but who cares, we got tickets for $4. Seriously. Go Rams Go!

It's a Cards-Cubs weekend. This time in Chicago. Do I care? Meh. I'll be able to watch them (except for today because it's a day game), and maybe I will. Maybe I won't. I'm more focused on seeing my baby nephew and spending time with my wild child niece. Is it at all concerning that she was singing "Shake Your Booty?". What's funny is that way back when I was a tot, my Aunt Paula taught me that song....so I guess it's a family tradition? Also, if you ask K what her last name is, she says "Kendall Ballgame". Hilarious.

Happy weekend everyone!

No comments: