Monday, May 02, 2011

"No! Heewi do it!"

Ok, I'm just gonna put this out there-I am not celebrating the fact that Osama Bin Laden is dead. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm glad that someone so evil can't do any more harm, but I think his death is only gonna make things worse. Don't you think his little minions are gonna be pissed that their leader is gone? Don't you think they're gonna do whatever they can to carry out his evil plans? I'm just sayin. I think it's far from over. I'm saying this as my own cousin just got back from over there. He was lucky, he was able to come home to us. But what about the men and women that weren't so lucky?

On to more pleasant topics. This past weekend was weekend #2 of helping out at my sister and brother-in-law's house. Trying to get it ready for them to move in! Part of the challenge is to also keep my niece occupied while everyone is working. I felt guilty yesterday not helping with the manual labor part, but realized, keeping the kiddo happy is just as important. I saw one of the greatest things ever-and that is little Kendall running around her soon-to-be backyard. She was grinning from ear to ear and just having a blast. She was sooooo happy, even when we enlisted her help in picking up all the sweetgum balls in the yard.

Speaking of the kiddos, we finished painting Kendall and 2.0's rooms. Yellow for K and blue for 2.0. I can't wait to see all their stuff in there! My sis is now 24 weeks along and is so cute preggo! We didn't get to see her that much while she was pregnant with K just because they were in Texas, so it's kinda fun now being able to go through this pregnancy with her (minus the back pain and swollen ankles). We are getting very excited about our little guy getting here. He will most likely be born sometime during the week of August 15, so we only have about 15 weeks to go! I'm soooooo excited for him to get here. K was quite attached to her Aunt Heewi this weekend. On Sat she didn't want her mama to give her a bath. She said "no, Heewi do it!". Heewi also had to read her her bedtime story and put her to bed. I, of course, love it, but feel bad when she doesn't want anyone else. Although I am learning that my sis and bro-in-law don't mind the break. HA!

May is gonna be a busy, busy month in our world. Moving all my sis and brother-in-law's stuff into their new house this weekend....next weekend I'll be in Salem to attend my brother's capping ceremony (he's graduating from college this month! Yay!). The next weekend is a big fam roadtrip to Bolivar, Mo for my brother's graduation ceremony and then you have Memorial day weekend where we will be celebrating not only my brother's college graduation, but also my cousin Rachel's high school graduation. Lots of fun stuff!

In other news, the Cubs are not good at baseball. And while he's quite pretty, the Carlos Pena Experiment seems to be failing miserably. At least we have Starlin Castro! No matter how crappy the rest of the team is, watching that kid play is a pleasure to watch. His potential should be frightening to others. That kid can just plain hit. Now, if he could just get the fielding errors in control, he'd be amazing. It's gonna be fun watching him develop into an all-star caliber player. Hell, he may already be there.

No comments: