Wednesday, May 18, 2011

FFS

If you don't know what the title of this post means, google it.

Yesterday was Cubs first baseman Carlos Pena's 33rd birthday. My request was simple. I wanted him to hit a 7-run homer. Impossible? Maybe. Much needed? YES. As it was, Carlos was only able to hit a 3-run homer for me (thanks anyway, hot stuff!) which was pretty much offset by a hideous error. Not that he was the only one with an error last night, mind you. In fact, the Cubs committed FOUR errors in last night's game. FOUR. And we're talking plays my brother's church softball team could make. It's almost funny....except it's not. Proving no lead is safe when you're the Cubs, for the second night in a row (against the a-hole Reds, no less), they showed you just how epic their fails can be. It's actually sorta impressive. I mean, I've been watching this team for 20+ years and just when I think they can't find another way to F up, they do. The variety of ways in which they F up are amazing. If I was their manager, I would have long ago developed a drinking problem. The only saving grace for me is that I didn't have to watch that pile of poo on TV. I just got to curse at my phone when it provided me with the game update.

You know, I used to look at the Cubs schedule and think "hey they're playing so and so who aren't very good, maybe the Cubs will win". But, folks, a sad reality hit me square in the face today-the CUBS are that bad team that everyone looks forward to playing. At this point, they are going into every series as the underdog (except for maybe against the Astros, but that's about it).

So, as I tend to do, my only focus is now gonna be on the hot players. I do sometimes focus on the game, and can carry on an intelligible conversation about baseball if need be, but the Cubs have nothing to offer...and now neither do I. So expect lots of comments about Carlos Pena's ass.

No comments: