Tuesday, May 03, 2011

MLB's current homerun leader is.........Alfonso Soriano????

The above is very, very true folks. While the Cubs are crappy at best (their starting pitching has been, for the most part, atrocious), 2011 Alfonso Soriano is playing like the 2004 Alfonso Soriano-the one that was the All-Star Game MVP. Raise your hand if you saw that one coming. Liars-NO ONE saw that coming so put your hands down. I'm thrilled for Sori. I would LOVE for him to continue on this tear all season. It's proof that when healthy, he's still an amazing hitter. Sure, you can't blame the last couple of years entirely on injuries, but they certainly didn't help his cause. I'm telling you when he's on, his ability to hit is a thing of beauty. His favorite pitch to hit? Oh, about six inches off the ground-he golfs that baby into the outfield bleachers. It's pretty awesome. I don't know if he can keep going all year (he is, after all, elderly in baseball terms), but he sure has been fun to watch so far.

Speaking of fun to watch, how bout StarDar? AKA Starlin Castro and Darwin Barney. Those two kids are pretty amazing, eh?  I love, love, love watching them. The team may end up in last place, but at least there are a couple of players that will make watching this season worth it.

In other news, I think it is safe to say that the James Russell Experiment and the Carlos Pena Experiment are both busts. Definitely the James Russell Experiment. Dude sucks. The best thing Carlos Pena has going for him at the moment is that he's hot, but unfortunately, hot isn't going to help you win baseball games. It makes me more apt to sit through a game, but that's about all it succeeds in doing.

At this moment in time, I'm not sure if Mike Quade is a smart baseball man or completely bat shit crazy. I'll give it another month and then give you my final answer on that.

No comments: