Monday, May 23, 2011

Praying for Joplin

As must as I like to poke fun at my state, when something bad happens to any part of it, I hurt for those people. Last night Joplin, Missouri , located in southwest Missouri-near Oklahoma-was essentially flattened by a tornado. The last I heard there were 90 confirmed dead. Last night as I watched the Weather Channel footage, I just sat there with tears in my eyes. The main part of the town is just gone. The hospital was so badly damaged there was concern it may explode due to fires and reports of a gas leak. Even the Weather Channel guy was getting choked up on air. It's just so amazingly sad. I've spent some time in Joplin as my brother went to college there for three years. I know he loved it and is pretty devastated that it's gone. I pray that the missing are found safe and sound and that the death toll doesn't rise any more. Please pray for this community, the devastation is every bit as bad as it was in Alabama a couple of weeks ago. These natural disasters are just heartbreaking.

No comments: