Friday, January 07, 2011

Matt Garza is a Cub!

Thanks Easter Bunny!

It's nearly officially official-the Cubs and Rays have agreed on a trade that will bring Matt Garza to the Cubs. I, for one, am STOKED. Yes, so we gave up our top pitching prospect in Archer, but let's face it, pitching isn't the Cubs greatest issue. It's everything else....I AM, however, sad to see poor Sammy Fuld thrown in the deal but hope that he will actually get some big league playing time with the Rays-there wasn't much room for him in the Cubs outfield-and he's like pushing 30. But...he IS a feisty player that, when he's out there, plays his little heart out. I'll miss him.

I know some will say the Cubs gave up too much to get Garza, but I don't agree. You DO have to give up something to get something, and I like this deal.

Such a rare occasion for a Cubs fan to be happy but color me happy today!

1 comment:

Blue said...

This is a good addition for the Cubbies, but I hate to see Sam Fuld go. But I agree that pitching is the least of our worries.