Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Things on my mind today

1. I love baseball. Y'all know this about me. Some (read: EVERYONE) are tired of hearing about it here on my blog (I'm talking to YOU Lizzard! Love you!). But today, on August 18, I am starting to day dream about other sports. Like-will the Rams win more than two games this season? And-what are the Blues chances of making the playoffs again this year? Both interesting questions (my hope is that, YES, the Rams will win more than two games and YES the Blues will be AWESOME and make the playoffs again. We shall see.).

2. Here's something non-sports related. Well, kinda. I have been working out like a crazy person. Do you know how much an HOUR on the treadmill sucks? Let me tell you how much-a LOT. Luckily for me, I have the ability to zone out and go to my happy place (which consists of me, Wrigley Field, Cubs winning, Weezer, People magazine and lots of Diet Dr Pepper, but I digress.....), which makes that hour slightly more tolerable. So, is the working out paying off yet? Why, yes, yes it has. Down 6 lbs (thank you, thank you very much) and more importantly, down inches. Given that I have absolutely nothing else going on in my life currently, this is, sadly, the highlight of my days.

3. While delicious, the Quaker Snack Mix (baked cheddar variety), has a shit ton of fiber. Just sayin......

4. I need a vacation. Can we arrange that? I know I'm going to see my sis (and precious niece!) at the end of September, but I feel as if I may need a vacation before then. Must check how much PTO I have......

5. It is with great sadness that I announce that my Mikey Poo is leaving me. He accepted a new job at one of our competitors (how DARE he!) and I will no longer get to see him every day. How will I be able to go on? Who's gonna meow at me and throw water at me when I'm being bad? (seriously, he does that). Who's gonna sing to me and who's gonna take walks down to the ice machine with me? I am now in a glass case of emotion.............

4 comments:

Blue said...

1. I think the Rams will win at least 4 games. I'm not sure about the Blues, but I'll take a guess and say they will make the playoffs.
2. I hate treadmills, I always went for the eliptical machine, I would almost run on it I would be going so fast. Congrats on losing the pounds and inches.
3. lol...Quaker Snack Mix, lots of fiber....I'll make a mental note of that.
4. Sounds like you need to be on a beach somewhere soaking up the rays and enjoying a few drinks.
5. Sorry to hear that your Mikey Poo is leaving, but there is always the phone and email for those daily harrassing messages...lol

KD said...

Ha ha! Thanks for the support Blue! :)

ern said...

hey ker, back from vacay. purposely, did not watch the cubbies while in MN. glad i did that as i did not need that stress while trying to rest. congrats on the weight and inches going bye-bye. working out makes one feels better mentally so a win-win-win situation. sorry to hear about mike though. he will be missed. on a good note, was bumped from my flight last sunday and received a travel voucher so my AZ flight for march is already paid for. yay! see ya thurs.

KD said...

yay Ern! It'll be time to start planning our Spring Training trip soon because clearly this season is over.... :(