Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Kevin Gregg-watch your back.

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2009/08/gregg-blows-closers-role.html (they should have left the title as "Gregg Blows")


Read this article. REALLY? It took them until August 17 to realize that maybe, just maybe K Gregg shouldn't be the closer anymore? Who's the genius behind that one? K Gregg may be handsome in a nerdy, Clark Kent sort of way, but I'm not gonna lie, I hate him. Actually, I just want to punch him in the face. Just once. Oh, and maybe kick him in the boys. Yea, that might make me feel better.....

As I've previously stated, I think the Cubs playoff hopes officially died a couple weekends ago when they lost 3 of 4 to Colorado. Last night was the final nail in the coffin. Back six games to the mother effin Cardinals, there is virtually no hope of them coming back. So, congrats on winning the NL Central, Dirty Birds, GFY and GO PHILLIES. ;)

Oh, and another thing, what really pisses me off about the blown save is that our hero, Theodore Roosevelt Lilly, back from the DL yesterday, pitched an amazing 6 innings of SHUT OUT baseball. I don't know about K Gregg, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to be on TL's shit list.....I mean, you saw what he did to Yadier Molina last year, stole his manhood is what he did. TL is a bad ass and should be recognized as such. Just sayin.

Much to my own dismay, I still love the Cubs. In good times and in bad (mostly bad), I still love those a-holes (Ted Lilly, Sam Fuld and Jeff Baker are exempt from my a-hole name calling). I just can't help it.

11 comments:

Blue said...

KD, I think that if we lose the series to the Cards, then we can wrap up this season to go, we will be done for the season.
I still holding out hope, but I'm only holding on by a few shredded threads.
Word verf...friess
As in...I'm gonna get me a burger and friess after I get out of the Doc's office....lol

KD said...

Oh Blue, I wish I had your optimism. I'll be at the Sat game of that series and I'm thinking I should dress in black rather than Cubbie blue.....

Blue said...

Hi you, just got home. That is cool that you are going to the game, but their is that chance that you could be a witness to the Cubs self destruction in person.
IF we don't make any headway in that series, then it's time to hang it up and turn my attention to college football.

KD said...

agreed...hence, why I may wear black to the game... :(

I'll soon be turning my attention to football and hockey. But I don't love them nearly as much as I love baseball.... :(

Blue said...

I love college football, but it can't top baseball.
The nearest hockey team here is the Sharks up North and Kings down South. We only get Sharks games on tv, but I don't watch them much.
We had a local hockey team, they were an affiliate of the Blackhawks, but the economy put an end to their 60 year existence.
You wouldn't believe how many Rams there are out here, they never let go of the team when they moved.

KD said...

Ha! Yes, we're Rams fans here, in spite of ourselves. Last year was comical w/only 2 wins, but I have faith that the new coach will turn them around. Although their QB, Bulger is out w/a broken finger. He sucks anyway, so not a huge loss, in my opinion....

My sister and I were Sharks fans when they first started...in fact my sister had their jersey---I think b/c it was teal and in the early '90's, teal was cool. HA!

Blue said...

lol....yeah, teal used to be cool, not so much now.
I'm a Cowboys fan, I don't know what to expect from them this season though.
I try to follow the local teams
(49ers/Raiders) but I'm not a fan of either team.

J.J. said...

Gregg does indeed blow.I hate, hate, loathe, despise, and hate him.

KD said...

me too, JJ. Me too. Wanna join me in a trip to San Dog? Jen is there and together the three of us can find Gloggs and punch him in the boys. Let's go!

J.J. said...

I sure hope Jen does not still love him after last night. Any idea that he was even the teeniest bit hot was gone last night for good.

KD said...

Seriously....I wonder what choice curse words Jen was saying last night as the Cubs ensured, yet again, that they'd lose the series....