Wednesday, January 07, 2009

and there was much rejoicing.....

Jason Marquis is no longer a Cub. Yahoo. I don't even care who they got in exchange for him, that freakishly expensive, freakishly crappy 5th starter is G-O-N-E gone. (cue the angels singing from the heavens....).

In other Cubs news, they signed Milton Bradley. This guy makes Crazy Carlos Zambrano look like a saint. Beating up fans, umpires and, apparently, the ladies in his life. Yea, this guy's a real winner. I'm sure he'll fit right in.

I haven't been overly impressed with the Cubs off season dealings thus far (other than the whole Jason Marquis no longer being a Cub thing), I can only hope that Jim Hendry actually knows what he's doing and has some magically fabulous deal planned before the start of the 2009 season. If not, I'm afraid my team may be duking it out with the Pirates for the basement. Ok, maybe that was a bit melodramatic, because let's face it, they'll probably still win the NL Central, but still.

Pitcher and catchers report next month! YAY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm still pissed about the whole DeRo thing. There better be something better than this crap in the works. Although, I am very happy to say au revoir to Marquis. Adios, arrivederci, auf wiedersehen, sayonara, cheerio AND good day, sir!