Tuesday, May 18, 2010

YUM!

The nicest thing happened today at work. The four doctors in my office made us all lunch! Not bought....MADE. They made lunch for about 50 people, most of it various ethnic dishes (our medical director is from Cuba, two of our docs are African-American and the other, well, he's a white dude from South County). We have homemade jambalaya, pulled chicken and pulled pork, salad, some spicy Cuban meat something or other (it was beef but also olives and raisins...you wouldn't think this would go together, but it did!), some sort of dessert that tastes like cinnamon (I think it may be bread pudding) and a couple of Ethiopian dishes that, on sight I wouldn't touch (cooked cabbage and carrots? No thank you) but after trying it, all I can say is YUM! Each doc stood by their respective dish or dishes and explained what it was and, in some cases, how to eat it. (the Ethiopian bread/chicken dish was a bit confusing, after a demonstration, we finally understood). This is truly one of the coolest things they've ever done (as you can imagine, the docs are often a target of our frustration-usually rightly so. Psychiatrists can be a bit, um, high on themselves at times.) and very much appreciated. Just wish I'd known to wear my fat pants today or at least some pants with stretch. I'm stuffed!!!!

9 comments:

Jen Estes said...

That sounds delicious!!! I'm impressed with the making, I would've tried to buy you guys off with some catering. Now I'm hungry - my lunch sucked. Stupid salad.

KD said...

what I failed to mention is the numerous trips to the bathroom folks have been making since lunch. Still hungry? ;)

As for me, it's just made me INCREDIBLY sleepy. Wonder if those psych docs put sleeping pills in the food. I seriously have that sleepy-head swimming sort of feeling....THAT will be fun when I try to tackle the treadmill later.

Blue said...

"Numerous trips to the bathroom"....LMAO

KD said...

that's what I heard, Blue!

I almost hugged one of the docs today. I thanked them all for the food in an email and also said something about needing my fat pants since I was so full. Well, the one lady doc said "I seriously doubt you own fat pants". She is my new favorite.

Blue said...

Awwwww, that was cool : )

KD said...

she was actually my favorite anyway, but that just reinforced the fact. ;)

Blue said...

You should thank her with a big buttery raisiny frosty cinnamon roll coverd with funnel cake....lol

KD said...

OMG Blue, I didn't think it was possible for me to be hungry again today. But........

Blue said...

Hey I was just thinking about busting into a pack of cookies that I have sitting there....lol