Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Carlos Silva....Cubs ace???

Holy crapola, Batman! What is going on here? Baseball bizarro world continues-the Reds are atop the NL Central (WTF?), the Pirates are actually sorta competitive (again, WTF?) and Carlos Silva (he of the super sucktastic Carlos Silva circa, well the last few years) is freakin 5-0. FIVE wins, NO losses. Um, what? Rarely do the Cubs get the last laugh, but in this case, they already have. As you may recall, Silva was part of a double dump-the Cubs unloaded pain in the ass Milton Bradley and the Mariners unloaded their suck ass Silva. Only, Silva no longer sucks ass, and Milton Bradley still does. HEE HEE! Score one for the northsiders! Sadly, we here in Cubsland are ecstatic about the fact that the Cubs are riding a THREE game winning streak (including a two game sweep of the Rockies. Hey, if the Cardinals can brag about their two game sweep of the Nats, then so can we).

Now the Cubs face my second favorite NL team....the Phillies. I like the Phillies because they are amazing....top to bottom their lineup is fierce and on any given day they can kill you. Plus, they have hometown boy (and Lafayette High School grad) Ryan Howard (who keeps friend requesting his former high school classmates on Facebook. He and I now have two friends in common. Just sayin. It's six degrees of Ryan Howard) and Hottie McHotterson, Chase Utley (oh how I love myself some Chase Utley.....). Of course, for this series, my loyalties lie with the boys in Blue. Will they beat the Phillies? Hmmmm.....don't know. What I DO know, however, is that I like the way they've played the last couple of games and I'm begging, BEGGING for this to be the start of a good run (you hear me Aramis Ramirez and Derek Lee? EVERYONE else is batting .300 or more. You are the supposed superstars on the team-start acting like it. You're being outhit by a 20 year old, for God's sake).

T-minus one week until I make an appearance at Wrigley. Long time coming, it's been like five years since I've made the trek to my own personal Disneyland. This damn team has roped me in yet again. So................GO CUBS GO!

2 comments:

Blue said...

After readin IHDR's encounter with Hendry, I wonder if you will have a run in with that dingy yellow shirt at Wrigley?

KD said...

I'll have my eyes and ears open Blue!