Monday, May 24, 2010

Leavin' on a jet plane.....

Ok, I'm not actually leavin' on a jet plane, rather, we are driving, but KD is about to get the hell out of dodge. And not a moment too soon. I soooooooooooooooooooooooo need a day off from my job, and what better way to do that than to go see my Cubbies live! Knowing I get to see the boys in blue soon is what's getting me out of bed in the morning (a bit melodramtic but unfortunately mostly true). Tomorrow after work my friend Erin and I will be Chicago bound, most likely arriving in the metro area 11pm-ish. We're attending games on Wed and Thu before driving home because SOMEONE (read: yours truly) has to freakin work on Friday. Bah humbug. And, if my math serves me correctly (which is always a crapshoot-math was NEVER my strong suit), I believe one Ted BAMF Lilly is pitching on Thu....meaning I get to see him live! Holla! Does that mean Wellsie is on for Wed? Mmmmmmm, mama like.....
I'm also excited to see Starlin Castro and, of course, my 2010 Cubs crush, Tyler Colvin. Ol' KD will be fueled up on Goose Island's 312 and Old Style, I may (or may not) be responsible for my actions after that.......
I'm hoping to also see one of my BFF's while there, Eric. Lots to pack in to just over 48 hours, but I'm up to the challenge. As long as I don't have to be at work, everything will be a-ok.

13 comments:

Blue said...

ROAD TRIP!!!!!!....don't forget the junk food and music....lol

KD said...

Blue, made some roadtrip CDs yesterday, we're trying to be good on the junk food (you know, so we can drink more beer), so I'm bringing 100 calorie packs w/us. :)
The plan is to do some touristy things on Wed morning (even though we've both been to Chicago a million times) and then head to Wrigleyville for a true Wrigleyville experience-bar hopping and then the game! WOOT WOOT!

Blue said...

Road trip cd's, gotta love 'em, that is like the number one priority item. Just don't forget your tickets....lol

ern said...

Don't worry, Kerr. I put the tickets in my suitcase already.

KD said...

OMG, for reals, we will NOT forget the tix. Done that before here...made it all the way to the Metrolink station only to realize we forgot the tix. LOL!

KD said...

LOL Ern! I was just getting ready to IM you! :)

Jen Estes said...

Have fun girls! Drink an Old Style (or 10) for me!

KD said...

You got it....BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!! Thought I wouldn't remember, huh? We shall have birthday drinks for Jen on Wed! WOO HOO!!!!!! :)

Jen Estes said...

Awwww, so sweet. Well if that's the case, then you must stalk Rami for me too!

KD said...

done and done. :)
and it IS sweet of me to offer to get drunk on your birthday, isn't it? man, I am such a good person....

Blue said...

KD, don't forget....company shirt and taser......just sayin' : )

KD said...

oh yea, thanks for reminding me Blue! You got my bail money ready? LOL!

Blue said...

I got your back....lol