Friday, May 14, 2010

KD's Friday rants

I realize I haven't been blogging with my usual frequency lately (I know you've been sad about that). That's because my job has taken approximately 97.5% of my time and energy (the other 2.5% has been split between eating, sleeping, breathing, and seeing friends and family). Yes, work is that busy right now. And quite frankly, I'm sick of it. However, this is not a post about work, rather it is a post about some of KD's random rants. Enjoy.

1. Ok, one more thing about work and I promise I'll stop. While I appreciate that management has acknowledged our busyness, I'm not sure they're going about it the right way. Case in point-last Friday they fed us pizza. Yesterday it was ice cream sandwiches. And next Tuesday? The psychiatrists in our office are cooking us lunch. Random. Nice, but random. So now, not only am I tied to my cubicle for 9+ hours a day, but now I'm gonna get fat as well. Sweet. How bout some time off instead? No?

2. Slow drivers. I am of the slow driver persuasion, so I can speak on this topic. I am a big fan of driving the speed limit (saves you in gas folks, just sayin). I am NOT a big fan of driving under the speed limit, however. Case in point-this girl driving about 45 MPH down Hwy 270 last night. Just as I was about to go around her to get to the exit lane for Hwy 40, she moved on over into that lane and then proceeded to ride her breaks while driving approximately 30 MPH. Um, what? Figuring I could get around her once we got on Hwy 40, I patiently bided my time. Once on 40, the hwy was a bit crowded. Slow Chick was still in the exit lane and I was attempting to at least get up to the speed limit, when Slow Chick decided to just come on over into my lane...missing my front bumper by mere inches. This is when I brighted her. Almost feeling bad for one second thinking maybe it was an old person, I managed to get around her, only to discover it was not an old person, rather someone in her 20's who really should have known better. After that I felt justified in my act of aggression.

3. The Cubs. For the love of all things baseball, can we please get Sloth a win today? Good lord! I never thought I'd be one to jump on the Sloth bandwagon, but come on! The man has a sub-3 ERA and is 1-4. If I were him I'd be pretty pissed at my shitstain team mates. Cubs fans-google search footage from Cubs Con 2010-Sloth is actually quite funny. Who knew? And married. Again, who knew? For those that don't know who I'm talking about, I give you exhibit A: I rest my case.
Continuing on this Cubs rant all I can say is this-dude, WTF? Five games under .500. Really? Hey, remember how you got swept by the Pirates last weekend? Huh? Remember that? How bout we not let that happen again, k? Thanks. I'm annoyed with my team. For reals. I mean, I realize the Cubs are chronic underachievers but come on! They're performing far below their already low expectations. Let's see some hustle out there boys! And Rami and D-Lee, this cute little slump of yours had best end quickly. Just sayin. You're being outplayed by Ryan Theriot and Kosuke Fukudome for God's sake. Just sayin. Rami, you're still hot but DAMN amigo, get your shit together.
4. DishNetwork. Still pissed at them and still refuse to pay them $100 to come out and fix my dish. As a result, I have now been without TV for two weeks. Somehow, I've survived.
5. Stupid people. We all know my tolerance for stupid is low. I mean, I'm not the brightest girl on Earth, so if I think you're stupid, then that means you're really, really stupid. I don't really have any specific examples at this time, just wanted to rant about it.
6. Justin Bieber. Who the f**k is this little Canadian kid and why is he famous? I have not heard one Justin Bieber song. And what the f**k is up with his hair? Is that what the teenybopper girls are in to nowadays? Good lord.
7. This isn't a rant but rather a YAY. At today's Cubs game, American Idol contestant Lee DeWyze (and my personal fave-he's so cute!) is throwing out the first pitch. How cool is that?
8. The weather. Ugh. For reals, can it stop raining already? This has had serious repercussions on my hair, people. My flat iron is taking a seriously long break. When the weather is like this it is frizz city and not at all cute. Just sayin. Dear Rain Gods: Could you at least hold off until after tomorrow? We are doing the Heart Walk (for the American Heart Association) tomorrow morning at Busch Stadium and I would prefer it not be raining when we do so. I'm very excited about this event-my employer (the healthcare giant that they are) is a sponsor of the event and we have a large team participating. Also, this year, as this organization has new meaning, my parents, sister, brother-in-law and niece will also be doing the walk. So....we're gonna need it to not rain. Thanks.
9. I was gonna try to come up with 10 items for today, but I just got sleepy. So bye.

2 comments:

Blue said...

Wow.....lol.
By the way did you see Carpenter lose his cool yesterday with El Caballo?

KD said...

I love watching the Cards self destruct. Does my heart good. ;)