Wednesday, July 13, 2011

NL wins the All-Star Game for the 2nd year in a row!

Maybe a Cubs uni will be more slimming?

The Cubs future first baseman was on a roll last night. I'm talking about Prince Fielder, of course. His 3-run homer was all the NL team needed (as proof, he snagged this year's ASG MVP). I'm not gonna lie-the NL dominated the AL. The pitching was superb, the defense pretty damn good.....other than our precious Starlin's error that, in reality, was Joey Votto's fault anyway (that's my story and I'm sticking to it).

Speaking of Starlin Castro, how adorable is he. I love that this 21 year old kid made the All-Star team to begin with, but I also love how excited he was to be there. So.Stinkin.Cute. Star came in late in the game as a pinch runner for Tulo, who he later replaced at shortstop. Star managed to steal not one but TWO bases, but later got thrown out at home. No worries. He made two good plays on defense....and then there was that itty bitty error. Ooops. Whatever, us Cubs fans know that's his one weakness. It's a little perplexing, actually-he makes AMAZING plays out there at shortstop to the point where you're thinking "how in the hell did he do that?", yet on the most routine of plays, he gets an error. I'm gonna chalk it up to growing pains.

Even with the error, I was so proud that this kid is on MY team. I think we're all witnessing someone special, would be pretty cool to talk about him 50 years from now and be able to say I've been watching him since his rookie year. The Cubs may suck, but this kid is gonna be a superstar. Here's a nice article about him:
http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110712&content_id=21757820&vkey=news_chc&c_id=chc

5 comments:

Jen Estes said...

Yay!!! Now when we go to the World Series...nevermind. I can't even finish it without laughing!

KD said...

Right?!?

Much like I can't say "maybe we'll finish higher than 5th place" without laughing/crying.

Jen Estes said...

I agree about the Cubs uni. I think our pinstripes will work wonders for Fielder's physique.

r diddy said...

TATOR!!!

KD said...

Jen, Prince's new nickname is Tator (tater? I'm not sure how you spell it). Robin says he looks like a tater tot with legs. :)