Friday, July 29, 2011

Cubs-Cards weekend.........yay?

I'm positively giddy with excitement that Carlos Pena is in my city this weekend. I mean, the sexy factor for STL just went up exponentially. Hellllooooo! That's where the excitement ends, unfortunately. I mean, let's face it, the Cubs are terrible, they just got swept by the 1st place Brewers and will probably get swept by the Cards this weekend. The one game I'd really, REALLY like them to win is tonight.....for Matt Garza. Dude has been PITCHING HIS ASS OFF, and has nothing but losses to show for it...because his team sucks. If I was him, I'd have bitch slapped each and every one of them....but Matt seems like too nice of a guy for that. He's very team oriented, which is cool, but dude, give the guy a win already!

My girl Robin and I decided to look into tickets for one of the games. Remember in years past a Cards-Cubs series would sell out in minutes? Those days are long gone-there are still 1,500+ tickets remaining....for all three games. That makes me sad. This rivalry isn't all that much fun anymore. It would be if, say both teams were competitive. One is, one isn't. Bet you can't guess who's who. Anyhoo....we are going to the Sunday night game for.......$20. That's it. Twenty bucks buys you a Cards-Cubs ticket? Seriously? That is sad. But I will gladly be an a-hole and wear my new Starlin Castro shirt with pride. Speaking of a-holes, I'm also wearing another Cubs shirt today....at work. It's my silent protest of Bring Your Child To Work Day. Yes, they are doing that again and again I will be playing the role of Cranky Old Lady. Kids are cute and all but they don't belong at work. Just sayin. Actually, it's really not the kids that bother me, it's the fact that there are several of my colleagues volunteering to help out....which means they aren't actually working.....which means the rest of us are left to pick up the slack. That pisses me off. Especially since we're slammed today. So....I'll probably be a biatch today.

So, uh, Go Cubs.

2 comments:

Blue said...

LMAO....You never fail to crack me up. Have fun at the game, wish I could go, I have $20 bucks to spend...lol

KD said...

The day sucked as badly as I thought it would...guess it'll be topped off by a Cubs loss. :(

Hop on a plane Blue and join us! :)