Friday, July 08, 2011

Epic comeback? The Cubs?

I turned on last night's Cubs game solely to kill time until the Big Brother premiere came on at 8. Matt Garza, coming off an amazing performance his last start looked good until the 3rd inning....and then all hell broke loose. If the Nats were actually a good team, they would have scored more than the 7 runs they put up that inning. It seriously should have been 20-0. The Nats later tacked on another run and it was 8-0 Nats when I turned the channel to watch Big Brother. So....imagine my surprise when I checked Facebook during a commercial break and saw that the score was 8-6? WTH? Blake "I'm from Sikeston where they throw rolls at you" DeWitt with a monster homerun? What? It really happened. Then, during another commercial break, I turned it to the Cubs game just in time to see Mr. Sexy Ass, Carlos Pena belt a two-run homer to tie the game. Did y'all see that swing? It was a big F U to the Nats, that's what that was. HOT. Later the Cubs actually end up TAKING THE LEAD 9-8 before giving it up yet again (I don't remember how, the details are fuzzy), but, BUT, in the 9th, lil Darwin Barney hits a double to score the 10th and winning run. Cubs win 10-9. Epic awesomeness. I do want to note this-Carlos Marmol has sucked ever since he cut that stupid mohawk into his hair. Get rid of it. Pronto. Mucho pronto. Gracias.

The Cubs are playing the SECOND PLACE Pirates this weekend, so, let the good times roll........oy.

No comments: