Friday, May 12, 2006

I'm alive

I felt I needed to post today because I have received a million emails asking me if I'm ok since I haven't been on here in awhile. The answer is, yes, I'm ok. Not great, not wonderful, but "ok". I will not go into detail about it. I'm tough though, so don't worry about me, k? The best part of dealing w/some major stress in your life? Weight loss. Yes-I love it. It may be sick and twisted to think that way, but dropping 4-5 lbs in the last week or so is pretty cool to me.
I'm spending some time in Salem and I think maybe the country air is doing me some good. Or maybe it's spending time with my parents stupid dogs, Stubby and Hank. They are an endless source of entertainment. They put a much needed smile on my face today. I'm spending some time with my parents too. I actually heard my dad call a cow a "bitch" today because she hasn't had her baby yet. That was good times. He thinks now that she's not really pregnant, just fat. My dad is a nut. Probably where I get it. Haven't seen much of Tim-he's spending most of his time with his new girlfriend. And I've had some good talks with my mom. Red and Jon will be here tomorrow so we can celebrate Mother's Day. I see a yahtzee tournament in our future. Sunday will bring me back to reality, however. Back to my life. I gotta figure some stuff out, I've learned that writing helps a lot as I wrote an 8 page "letter" today. No one will ever see it but me, but it was definitely therapeutic (says the counselor!). I know I'm gonna be ok. I have some very special people in my life (you should know who you are) and know no matter what, I've got people who have my back and care about me and would do anything for me. That is what will help me sleep tonight. I love you all, if I haven't told you lately. Take care everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerri- glad you are "ok" wish you were better but, I know how going home can help sometimes. I take it by your post that you will be heading back to STL Sunday? We always seem to miss each other. I am heading to Salem on Monday to spend a belated mothers day with my mom. If I am reading that wrong and you are going to be in Salem let me know I would love to see you. I hope things get better soon! Love, Robyn

Cheryl Verde said...

Keep your spirits up Kerri....you know I luv u and u can count on me for support anytime you need it! Keep smiling and be good to yourself.
Love, Auntie C