Monday, May 01, 2006

good weekend

Well, another weekend is over. Time seems to be flying by anymore. I can't hardly believe today is May 1 already. This weekend was a good one. Friday J and I spent the evening with his daughter for her birthday. Went to her soccer practice, got some dinner, and let her open her presents. Then once he went to work, she kicked my butt in Yahtzee all night. It was fun, and I'm not at all ashamed that I lost to a 10 year old......Saturday had to rise and shine early to get to Jeff and Jessica's wedding. First person I saw was grandpa, which always makes me happy. I was so excited and happy that J was with me. I couldn't wait for him to meet my whole wacky family. They are some good peeps! :) The wedding itself was great. I forgot how long a Catholic wedding can be. Jon and I did get in trouble by Red once for talking about where the Virgin Mary statue was. I want it noted for the record that I was right. After the wedding, J and I went to my apartment for some much needed sleep. I think I only got an hour in, but he got to sleep which was good. At the reception, we got to sit by my parents, Aunt Jan/Uncle Craig and Aunt Paula/Uncle Jay. We laughed a lot at our table. And discovered just how immature my father is during the whole candy bar incident. Man, he has been picking on Aunt LaLa for 33 years now! :) I was very happy that night. I had everyone that I love with me in one place. I was sad that we had to leave early, but J had to work. I think it was a blessing in disguise because thank God I missed that whole clown thing. That would NOT have been cool! My sister was a bit tipsy on the wine (Red, I love you, don't forget that, ok?). Timbo was talking to his new girlfriend all night-I've never seen him like this. The boy is smitten! I think J had fun. I have a feeling he and my dad are gonna get along real well. Dad will now have a new audience to talk about the farm and his cows. When J and I go to Salem, maybe we'll pawn dad off on J and mom and I will go shopping! :) (just kiddin!). After we left, I went to work w/J and just chilled. I think at one point I accused him of trying to get me drunk as I looked down at my table and noted that I had 3 different drinks in front of me....of course, I drank them. That would just be rude not to! After he got off work, we went to Pop's w/his friend and girlfriend. I actually had fun there, but maybe that was b/c Jeff was buying us shots...who knows. It was a good time tho, and, of course, I always like getting to spend the entire evening w/my boy. Nothing better than that. Now today, I am hoping I am going to get to see my girl Sharon. She is in town from North Carolina. Been quite a while since I've seen her. Ok, must hit the showers. Later people. Have a good week y'all!

1 comment:

KD said...

That is way cool, cuz the rest of us are tired of hearing about the farm...just kidding daddy! :)