Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I swear I don't watch it.....

Oh my God, the soap opera Passions has GOT to be the worst show on television. I swear to you I don't really watch it, but when you only have two stations that come in because you're too cheap to get cable, this is what you are stuck watching in the afternoons before work. I mean, there is a character named Siren who is actually a mermaid. Uh, yea...and a baby that is actually a witch and they have her talking by putting thought bubbles up on the screen. At one time the show also featured a talking monkey and a little midget named Timmy. Apparently, Luis and Miguel are the "hotties" on the show. I'm assuming this because, from what I can tell, they have slept with every female character on the show-at least once (I mean, what else are you going to do when you are shipwrecked on an island or locked in a castle?). The show is like a trainwreck, you can't look away. It's even crazier than when Days of our Lives had the "fake" Salem on the island...this is WAY worse. Tune in at 1:00pm CST for more!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you mean this is worse than "Days Of Our Lives"????

It makes about as much sense as when you used try to explain the plot from Days to us.

RP

P.S. : Remember the Biker Witness Protection Program?

KD said...

I vaguely remember the Biker Witness Protection Program. Was Bo Brady in it? Dude, we were jacked up in college. I blame you.

Anonymous said...

The name Bo sounds right, and it had something to do with losing the biker mustache or biker hair or something like that.

I am willing to take the blame for a lot of things in college (Dolphin comes to mind) . . . but not for making people watch soap operas in the hangout room.

KD said...

The entire rugby team watched Days in our room! Other popular shows we watched were: Family Feud (remember, Mike L would always fall asleep in our chair?), wrestling (long after Christi and I went to bed, Deven would be in our room watching wrestling), and periodically X-Files (thanks to Bugs). When did we find time to study? Oh, and RP-just for you, I put some Foo Fighters and Counting Crows on my iPod!

Anonymous said...

Let's not forget a certain show hosted by a fellow Canadian that we watched religiously every weekday before dinner. And while we are talking about game shows, what about all of those cheesy ones from that 70s and 80s we used to watch on the Games Show Network? What was the one called that had 2 players against 1 where the gameboard looked like honeycombs and each hexagon had a letter on it? "This 'C' word is something that you drive to work each day".

Nice call with the IPod additions. Similarly, I am listening to old school Fountains of Wayne in my car right now.

KD said...

Man! How could I forget Jeopardy? Remember, Uriah (also known as "The Big Unit")would whistle the theme song EVERY FREAKIN DAY!!!! Not sure what the other game is that you are talking about. Fountains of Wayne. Lori listened to them all the time. What did they sing again? You know, of the 150 songs on my iPod right now, at least 50 of them are Weezer. My boyfriend LOVES it-don'cha honey??? :)
Hey RP-is it 90+ degrees in Canada or is in just here in the STL? Geez people! Can you get it any hotter? I hate to see how July and August is gonna be.....yikes! Au revoir, Mr. Tessier!

KD said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
KD said...

Oh come on, you know you love it! :)