Friday, January 06, 2012

T-Minus 1 week til Cubs Con!

Like a nerd anticipating a Star Trek convention, I am ridiculously excited about next week's Cubs Convention in Chicago. I've never been to one and can't wait to check it out! And by "check it out" I mean staring at Reed Johnson's guns (please be wearing a tight t-shirt Reed.....). I can't believe it's only a week away. This time next week, Rob and I will be sipping mimosas in the bar car of the Amtrak train we are taking to Chi-town.  I also can't wait to meet the Cubs new management-Theo Epstein and Jed Hoyer. Both are beyond adorable, I can't wait to see/stalk them in person.

I hear there is an ultra competitive Cubs Bingo happening next Friday night, and several of the Cubs blogs I read are having meet ups over the weekend. SO excited to meet world famous author Jen Estes from Cubblogging (read her book, Big Leagues. I loved it!). I LOVE fellow Cubs fans! We will be amongst our people for three glorious days. I bought some baseballs for the players to sign, I shall wash all of my Cubs gear this weekend in preparation. NERD ALERT. Rob and I are a bit concerned we may be arrested since one of our main goals is to sit on Jed's lap and touch Reed Johnson's ass. I'm not sure how restraining orders work in Illinois.

I wonder if Dale Sveum will let me ride on his Harley with him. Or check out his tats. I wonder if I'll get to actually meet some of the players/mgt or just take stalker pics of them from afar. I wonder if I'll even leave the hotel (if it's like -30 degrees in Chicago, this girl is staying put inside. Just sayin.). I want to meet Ernie Banks. I want them to announce that the Saturday portion of the convention will feature a shirtless player contest. I want to sit on Jed's lap (have I already mentioned that?). So, so, SO excited.

There will probably be a lot of obnoxious updates on Facebook next weekend (well, moreso than usual). I will not be able to contain my excitement. Nor should I.

Watch out Chicago, here we come!

1 comment:

r-diddy said...

Oh Reed Johnson, I love you and your guns.