Saturday, December 05, 2009

Two more days!

I am SO excited. In two days Hwy 40/64 re-opens! This may not sound like a big deal, but those of you in St. Louis know what I'm talking about. This highway has been shut down all year to re-do it, affecting the commute of yours truly. It's personal. My car, Sunny, told me today that she is so excited to not have to drive on Forest Park Parkway anymore!

To celebrate, there are a host of events being held tomorrow, including a 5k walk/run in which we actually get to run on the highway. Love it! Of course, I am participating, I got my fleece ready (I suspect it might be just a bit chilly). So, while y'all are still all warm and snug in your beds at 8am, I'll be freezing my ass off running 3.12 miles. Hmmm......

2 comments:

Blue said...

Ok, I just reread what you wrote, so your car is named Sunny? Well I'm happy that Sunny and you will have a better commute to and from work.
As for the 5k, I wonder if the person that marks it off says "Ha, let's make it a little bit longer...lol". Keep warm KD, don't forget to cover your ears, don't want to get an ear infection.

KD said...

Ha! Yea, my car's name is Sunny. The official name for her color is "sunlight silver metallic"...hence Sunny. :)